Chick Lit on the Horizon


Fans of chick lit this post is for you. If you are anything like me you’ve been anxiously awaiting the new arrival of several authors' new books. It seems like FOREVER since Emily Giffin has published a new book. I was briefly placated by Something Borrowed coming out at the theaters, but now I am ready for something new! Well, it looks like we won’t have to wait much longer. She is scheduled to publish a new book, Where We Belong, in early 2012. Visit her website to read an excerpt of the new book. If you are not familiar with this popular chic lit author she is definitely one to read. Start with Something Borrowed, read the sequel Something Blue, then read Baby Proof, Love the One You’re With and Heart of the Matter.

Another author I keep checking on for new books is Sophie Kinsella. I was super excited last year when Mini-Shopaholic came out, but I powered right through it and now it’s gone. For a long time I only read the shopaholic books and never ventured into any other Sophie Kinsella books. Big Mistake! Her other books are funny and charming too. If you haven’t read Twenties Girl, Remember Me? or Can You Keep a Secret I recommend these titles. Also, surprise she has more! Before publishing under the name Sophie Kinsella this popular author published several books under the name Madeleine Wickham. But just in case you weren’t excited enough, Sophie Kinsella is coming out with a new book called, I’ve Got Your Number. This book is due to come out on Valentine’s Day 2012.

One more author I try to keep tabs on is Marian Keyes. If she ever comes out with a new novel featuring the Walsh sisters I want to be the first to know. Don’t worry I will let you know too! While she doesn’t have any fiction titles scheduled for publication this year, Marian Keyes is scheduled to publish a non-fiction title in March of 2012. This book is rumored to be called, Saved by Cake. I can’t wait. If you haven’t ever read anything by Irish author, Marian Keyes, I really think you should. Her series featuring the Walsh sisters is fantastic. Start with Watermelon and then continue with Rachel’s Holiday, Angels and Anybody Out There.

Hopefully the thought of our favorite chick lit authors publishing new books gives you hope for a book-filled 2012.

No comments: