Happy New Year!


It’s that time of year where book editors and literary critics compile their lists of best books of 2012.  I took a different route. I've been asking patrons who come into the Library, “what was your favorite book of 2012?”  Some people were able to answer without any hesitation.  Others had a more difficult time, and ended up telling me about a recently read book they enjoyed.  Listed below are some of the responses I received.  If you’d like to contribute to this list, tell us about your favorite 2012 book in the comments field listed below.







The Shoemaker’s Wife by Adriana Trigiani.  “I’ve read all of Trigiani’s books and this is her best.  Full of love and life and adventure.”

Lots of Candles,Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen. “I never knew growing old could be so funny.”

Black Box by Michael Connelly.  “Really exciting and fast-paced.  I read it in one day.”

Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar. “I read this for my book club and everyone loved it.  We had a wonderful discussion.”

Dogfight: The 2012Presidential Campaign in Verse by Calvin Trillin. “Hilarious! Especially for those who are glad Obama won.”

A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling.  “I was surprised this was so good, and it didn’t have any wizards.”

The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury.  “Just a good, inspirational story.  No violence or bad language.”

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed.  “An amazing journey.  A real honest writer.”

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain. “It helped me understand myself, and feel better about myself.”

A Wanted Man by Lee Child.  “Lee Child is a great writer, though I think having Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher was a big mistake.”

No comments: