“Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
Do you ever feel like you want to change your style? Become a bit more chic? A bit more sophisticated? A bit more French? If so, then Parisian Chic is the book for you. It is an homage to Parisian style, written to help us all bring out our inner French Girls (or Boys!). Written by Ines de la Fressange, a former model (she was Karl Lagerfeld’s muse in the ‘80s) and current doyenne of French fashion, the book gets into the nuts and bolts, telling us what to do, what never to do, and what we just might get away with.
Some fun tips (there are plenty more in the book!):
- Don’t be a fashion victim.
- If it feels good, wear it.
- It’s okay to pair navy blue with black.
- Never be bland.
- Anything from a surplus store worn with vintage costume jewelry is good.
- Be bold.
- Where to find the best bookshops (for both English and French books)
- Where to take kids (and where to buy adorable kids’ clothes)
- And where to shop online like a Parisian (for those of us who don’t have a Paris trip in our near futures)
If you enjoy books on French lifestyle and fashion, you might also want to read:
Bonjour, Happiness by Jamie Cat Callan
Entre Nous by Debra Ollivier
French Women for All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano
Joie de Vivre by Harriet Welty Rochefort
Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
My French Life by Vicki Archer