What is Your Favorite Book You Have Read So Far in 2013?


We are already almost halfway through 2013. At the beginning of the year I gave myself a challenge to read 100 books this year. I am a bit behind in regards to reaching that total but I have read lots of books so far. I’ve read some duds, but I have also read some really great books in the first few months of 2013. Here is my favorite book I have read in 2013:

Bossypants by Tina Fey – This book is Tina Fey’s autobiography. Instead of reading the print version, I listened to the audiobook which I highly recommend. The audiobook is narrated by Tina Fey so every line is read just as she meant it to be read. Underneath all the humor, sarcasm, and funny stories is a smart and charming biography. From stories of her childhood, tales of her early days performing in comedy clubs, to discussions on motherhood to her advice on being the boss, Bossypants is so amusing and charming it becomes immediately obvious why Tina Fey is so popular. I found the book to be laugh out loud funny and entertaining.

What is your favorite book you’ve read in 2013? Leave a comment and let me know. Based on your recommendations maybe I’ll discover my next favorite book of 2013.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple.

caroline said...

Good question! My favorite book this year so far is Wonder by RJ Palacio. What a thoughtful piece!

I also liked Prodigy by Marie Lu, of the Legend series!

SH said...

These are both great recommendations. I looked up each book and each one sounded super intresting. I'm putting "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" on hold now. Thanks so much for sharing your recent books!

Anonymous said...

I read My Antonia by Willa Cather for the first time earlier this year. It would have to be my favorite so far.

SH said...

I frequently see "My Antonia" poping up on best of lists and it is a book I keep meaning to read. Perhaps 2013 will be the year I finally read it. Thanks for the recommendation!

AM said...

For children and really all ages, "The One and Only Ivan" by Katherine Applegate -- thoughtful, funny, insightful, wonderful. For adults and probably a lot of teens too, "The Last Policeman" by Ben Winters -- mystery/science fiction, very inventive. Right now am devouring "Countdown City", the second of the planned Last Policeman trilogy, and am already dreading the end of the fortchcoming third book!

Anonymous said...

I am inhaling My Beloved World by Sonya Sotomayor. She has risen to where she is despite every obstacle. She is so thoughtful and a problem solver. She would be a beautiful choice to run for the presidency.